Lombard DVD Playback Issues

Krevinek

Evil PPC Tweaker
I have a Lombard 333 I bought used, and I just got a Sony CRX820E drive (same one used in the iBook in the last half of 2002) along with an Apple DVD Decoder module. Here is my problem, DVDs like a couple from my Farscape S1 box set, Shogun miniseries box set, Fellowship of the Ring, the Two Towers all have choppy playback in the same spots. I am wondering if other people with these DVDs are encountering similar issues or if it is a software/hardware problem on my end?

I had a problem with the Fellowship and Two Towers. The fellowship had a massive scratch on it. Massive and deep. I returned it, but so far, I have not replaced it. Can't find it at a decent price. Two Towers have scratches, not that bad, but enough to make the movie choppy and stick at places.

Point: Check those DVDs. I think the manufacturers are getting sloppy on their quality control.

The odd thing is, these DVDs are in tip-top shape... the ones with scratches are playing better than those without right now.

My best guess is that even with the new DVD drive you bought, some DVD's are going to play well and some won't. Maybe the new DVD's are optimized for newer systems and tax your old computer too much? Just shots in the dark. ;)

Back