Looking for a sound editor...

Sogni

*gone*
HELP! :)
I'm in despreate need of a sound editor for OSX. I really only need to use it once so trial version would be best.

I need to edit an MP3 file for a class project, I need to take a small section of the music, fade it in and fade out at the end. And hopefully either keep it in or convert it back to MP3.

Anything that would let me do that out there for OSX? (hell, at this point I'm willing to do it on my Windows box)

Thanks for any help.

Spark would be a simple, free editor for the wav/aiff file. www.tcworks.de (might have to watch carefully what kind of aiff/wav you render your mp3 to; it doesn't transparently support all encoding rates it seems)

Then, to render your mp3 to wav, I guess I'd use musicmatch jukebox (www.musicmatch.com), though, here you have your choice, really.

If you're still stuck, post back and I'll try to say more!

Yeah, I like Sound Studio too. Perfect for what you need it for, too--- the interface is very clean & simple.

I'd recommend Amadeus. Very feature-packed and incredibly easy to use. It's on versiontracker (I'd post the link but can't find it!!)

I got Sound Studio and it did the job beautifully! :)

And... I might even register it since it did the job so nicely that I can defenatly see more use out of it. :)

Thanks!

Back