Looking for Best Bluetooth Mouse with Tilt Wheel

dmetzcher

Metzcher.com
I'm looking for suggestions for a Bluetooth laser mouse with tilt wheel.

I use SteerMouse as my mouse driver, and the tilt wheel is very important. My Mac Pro will have Bluetooth, so I wanted the mouse to be Bluetooth as well. I prefer a scroll wheel, as opposed to Apple's scroll ball on their Mighty Mouse (and I hate that mouse for that very reason, so I'm selling it when it arrives with the Mac Pro). Additional buttons would be very nice but here are the base requirements...

* two buttons (at least)
* scroll wheel
* scroll wheel should be a button (press down)
* tilt wheel buttons (tilt scroll wheel left and right)

I have a mouse that does this already that I use with my iBook, but it's wireless USB, rather than Bluetooth. I could just get the same mouse, I suppose, but I wanted to find out if there is anything else out there that does the same things but is Bluetooth. I've looked on the Kensington, Microsoft, and Logitech sites, and haven't really found much. Maybe I'm missing something.

Any help or suggestions that anyone can provide are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bluetooth variants of wieless mice tend to be about £20-£30 more expensive, i;vefound.

either way, i'd go logitech.

I have had the Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 for almost a year now. It's made by Microsoft(heaven forbid) and it works very well. It has all of the components you mentioned. It has a left and right mouse button on top, two buttons on the left side, a scroll wheel which functions top to bottom, left to right and as a button as well. Batteries seem to last forrever in it too. Very ergonomic. I don't know if they make one for left-handers though.

Oops. It's a USB wireless. Sorry.

I have had the Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 for almost a year now. It's made by Microsoft(heaven forbid) and it works very well. It has all of the components you mentioned. It has a left and right mouse button on top, two buttons on the left side, a scroll wheel which functions top to bottom, left to right and as a button as well. Batteries seem to last forrever in it too. Very ergonomic. I don't know if they make one for left-handers though.

Oops. It's a USB wireless. Sorry.

Thanks for the info. As it turns out, I can't use Bluetooth keyboards and mice anyway (at least not Apple's BT keyboards and mice), because they are not supported on Windows, and I'm doing a dual-boot thing with the Mac Pro. So, I swapped the BT keyboard with the wired USB keyboard connected to my iBook, and the iBook got brand new BT keyboard.

That all said, I don't want Bluetooth anymore. I think I now prefer the USB radio dongle mice instead. I thought about it...why go through pairing for Bluetooth (though it only takes a few minutes to do) if you can get the same result with a radio signal and a little USB dongle. This Mac Pro has so many USB ports, and I have a hub, too, that I don't really waste much of anything using a radio mouse. So, I went and got a new Logitech mouse, like the one I use with my iBook, and it's working fine now.

Back