lost addressbook data! bluetooth phone isync

spb

Registered
Hello,

This weekend I'm trying to sync my new Ericsson Z520a phone to my powerbook (10.3.9) via bluetooth and isync.

Apparently when I try to sync, random addresses are removed from my addressbook and I'm given an error.

This is very of worrisome to me!!! I see a few threads that seem to be vaguely related to this.

Is there a problem running isync and bluetooth? Is there a solution? Is if I chose to transfer data via wire instead of via bluetooth does this solve the problem?

Thank you,
sb

I have evidence that this dataloss happened because 10.3.X doesn't support the Z520a. I have a Macmini with 10.4.X and the sync process seems to work fine.

Unfortunatly the the mini is my entertainment center (EyeTV) and the powerbook is what I use to work. I have not yet committed myself to working on 10.4 because the reviews on apple.com have been so negative.

What I really need is to remotely sync the addressbook on the two machines and then sync the phone with the enterntainment center. Does isync and bluetooth work well for syncing workstations to laptops?

Back