M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI card not recognized with Tiger

pboehi

Registered
I have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI card in my 2x2GHz G5 Powermac - after upgrading to Tiger the card isn't recognized anymore, it doesn't even show up in "System Profiler" under PCI cards. Any suggestions?

Peter

Due to the fact that I did an "archive and install" I lost the drivers to this card. I reinstalled them and now everything works fine.

I use the 2496 microtrack but I do not know what a PCI card is..
am I missing something?

I use it for recording meetings and interviews.

jean grossholtz

I use the 2496 microtrack but I do not know what a PCI card is..
am I missing something?

I use it for recording meetings and interviews.

jean grossholtz

A PCI card is generally an expansion card that fits into one of the PCI expansion slots inside the computer (Macs and PCs have had them for years now). PCI stands for Peripheral Component Interconnect and has been around for about 10 years. Recently, PCI-Express (aka PCI-e or PCIe) has started replacing the original PCI with one that is much faster depending on the "xN" designation (where "N" is a number, so it would either be labeled as PCI-e x1 or PCIe x16, the latter usually used for video cards).

There is also PCI-X, which is the same speed as the original PCI slot but addresses 64-bits as opposed to 32-bits. It's also known as PCI-64 sometimes. You'll usually find these in high end workstations or servers.

These slots are mainly found on desktop computers such as the early PCI Power Macs, the Power Mac G3, Power Mac G4, Power Mac G5, and the Mac Pro. They're also available on all desktop and minitower PC computers.

Thanks...I dont think I need anything like that... I have a MacPro and a IMAC g5

I do not do heavy duty multi media..

happy days

jean

Thanks...I dont think I need anything like that... I have a MacPro and a IMAC g5

I do not do heavy duty multi media..

happy days

jean

Well, your Mac Pro has PCI-Express slots (which I described above). So if you need to expand your Mac with any PCI-e expansion card, then you're good to go. You just have to make sure that it's compatible with the Mac is all (usually shown on the box of any PCI-e expansion card).

From the Apple Mac Pro Tech Specs page:

PCI Express expansion (3)

* Three open full-length PCI Express expansion slots
* Configurable bandwidth that mechanically supports 16-lane cards
* 300W combined max for all PCI Express slots

Back