.Mac E-Mail Compromise?

serpicolugnut

OS X Supreme Being
Looks like Apple might already be bowing to pressure and possibly keeping a basic "free" .mac Email service alive...

Check this link

I hope so. Cutting off the email spigot will be very bad for Apple, PR wise....

I'll bet you Apple is not going to charge.

I'll be paying the initial $50 fee for the first year, though. If Apple comes out with some compelling services by that year's end, I would be entirely willing to continue to pay the $100/month fee.

Let's hope Apple IS going to keep e-mail accounts free!

that sucks a**!!!!! you know how many homepage.mac.com websites most mac users have? for an example..i have around 10, not that i NEED them, i mean, i have em all backed onto my comp and will probably delete them in a year or two but i spent a lot of time on those sites and if the only way i can have my email back is to get rid of them well...that kinda sucks. do you think apple will release a .Mac LITE which includes webhosting and email only? (thats all i use anyways) or will they make this email only account publicly announced?

whoa! i'm lost, there is no such "Email Account Management" button for me

So this means lots of website will go down... :(

if anyone finds a way to actually do this please post, I want to convert to the e-mail only account right now! I can't find that e-mail thing either. -Ry

wow, 100$ a month, they'd better give me an iPod and Mac OS X 10.2 free at this price! And what about an eMac while we're at it?

hehehe

:p

Nope, can't see that "Email Account Management" button anywhere.

If anyone knows/find out how to do this, please post here!

Whoops.. I keep doing that. Everybody is acting like they have to pay that much, so I guess it just accidentally slipped out. I know it's $100/year. :p

And I don't think there's a way to do it, yet. Apple just updated the help for some reason but hasn't updated the feature yet.

there's a petition online, to make sure email@mac.com will still be free, ask for a free iTool account for each mac sold, rebates for allready users, etc.

You can chech it and sign here

How many people must sign it for Apple to take into consideration??

Last time there were 4804 signatures

I was just checking my .Mac account and I'm a bit confused now. I had heard somewhere that you can add like 5 additional email address' for free with your .Mac account. However, I checked the site and all I have found is that you can add up to 10 email-only accounts but each one is another $10 a year.

I would have to guess that what Apple may do is offer the email-only accounts for $10/year to it's customers, but I seriously doubt they will do a complete 180 and offer the email for free again.

Back