mac Mail autofill reset

waiting_for_OSX

Registered
When I create a new message in Mac Mail and I type in the "To" field, auto-fill attempts to guess who I want to send the message to. This would be fine, however, there are many addresses it has stored that I no longer want to pop up as possible auto-fill selections. How do I reset the auto-fill feature or remove specific addresses from its memory?

Thank you, however I had trouble understanding your message so for everyone else:

1. launch mail app
2. go to the "Window" menu at the top of the screen
3. choose "Previous Recipients"
4. delete names

I go in on a semi-regular basis and delete ALL the names in the Previous Recipients. Has no effect on your address book, and Mail will repopulate the list as you go forward. Keeps things nice and tidy.

To remove specific address simply launch mail, then in the header to go window, previous Recipients. You can edit the addresses from there. Add or remove.
I edit my list as you said, however when MacMail is shut down and restarted the deleted addresses are still there. How do I delete them permanently? I'm using MacMail 4.2 (1077) running on an Intel iMac using OS X 10.6.2. Thank, you.

Back