Mac or Windows

wsj323

Registered
I was wondering what mac has over Windows and which one was better. I used to have a Windows and I just got a Mac powerbook 15 inch G4 and i like it a lot better but i was wondering what yall thought

(ya i no this is a mac website)

Well, considering that this is a Mac forum it should be quite obvious where our preferences lie. ;) But it's more of a personal decision. Some people do prefer using Windows over the Mac even after they've given the Mac a try. Some people even prefer using Linux over either of these two. It's really a matter of preference.

My order of preference would be the following:
1. Mac OS X
2. Linux
3. Other Unix-based operating systems
4. Windows

About the only reason I would want to use Windows would be for games, but even consoles would satisfy that for me. Of course, others would say that consoles just can't beat playing on a gaming PC, and I do enjoy playing games on the PC that wouldn't make sense on a console, but a console would still satisfy my urges for gaming. :p

As Nixgeek points out this is a Mac board and of course you will find people favor the Mac. Most that use Windows here is more out of necessity perhaps than preference.
I live soley on a Mac system, and have for years. Although I am not a Windows basher:rolleyes: I could not image my life without a Mac.
I believe the Mac has more positives than negatives. Certainly, there is always room for improvement. XP has its advantages as well, with Vista coming out, and the way both Apple and Microsoft have evolved their OSs, I feel they are becoming more similar than different.

As games go, the only one I wish I could run is an old game called "Command Aces of the Deep" I don't believe it was a big commercial hit, and had a targeted audience.

depends on what i'm doing. i have both. the win box for all my gaming (bf2, hl2) and music (only because it has the bigger hard drive, but i use itunes), and my mac for everything else.

Back