Mac OS 10.2 Codename Jaguar

It will be released to the public late summer. The version we are talking about here a developer seeds from the WWDC

In other words, anyone who has it installed and wasn't at WWDC has their hands on an, erm, "unofficial" copy. :eek:

Originally posted by homer
In other words, anyone who has it installed and wasn't at WWDC has their hands on an, erm, "unofficial" copy. :eek:

I'm on Jaguar now. Of coz, I'm not WWDC developer. Just Mac user (ported from PC 1month ago)
Jaguar rocks!!!! Fast and cool.

I am also on Jaguar it is great. I aman ADC member but have never made anyhting really, except for some little things like a breakball game.

Just a gentle reminder:

From Apple's ADC licence:
_____

5. Confidential Information. You agree that all information disclosed by Apple to you that relates to Apple's products, designs, business plans, business opportunities, finances, research, development, know-how, personnel, or third-party confidential information disclosed to you by Apple, will be considered and referred to collectively as "Confidential Information."
_____

And naturally there's a lot more.

I'm no stick-in-the-mud and you're not really giving anything away here, but it's a fine line and there's always the possibility of accidentally misleading forum readers in terms of software development.

Cheers, Lazzo

5. Confidential Information. You agree that all information disclosed by Apple to you that relates to Apple's products, designs, business plans, business opportunities, finances, research, development, know-how, personnel, or third-party confidential information disclosed to you by Apple, will be considered and referred to collectively as "Confidential Information."

But what if it wasn't disclosed to us by Apple? What if it was disclosed to us by "AL'S PLACE GET JAGUAR 10.2 WHILE U KENE YES WE HAVE JAGURARE" carracho server? ;) :D

my opinion is that no one needs to be an apple cop here or anywhere else. if someone posts about something so be it. there's no need anyone to say NDA stop talking.

Does anybody know if the blinking active button could be turned off in 10.2? I want to punch my monitor sometimes but that would be an expensive mistake.

buggs1a -

I'm not being an Apple cop. I was merely promoting caution.

I know from nasty experience that there are rotters around who delight in reporting people to the companies involved, which (sometimes) generates letters from the company or their lawyers requesting an explanation, or a desist order.

At worst, one could be totally innocent and still be investigated which makes a person feel very abused, meanwhile the small-minded git that made the original report stays anonymous and sits around sniggering. The same sort of people that phone the Fire Brigade with hoax calls.

Cheers, Lazzo

Originally posted by macridah
Does anybody know if the blinking active button could be turned off in 10.2? I want to punch my monitor sometimes but that would be an expensive mistake.
You mean the "gentle throbbing" of the default button?

:p

No, not unless you hack the Extras.rsrc.

Will Jaguar be a free update to existing OSX 10.1.x users, or will I have to buy it?

It sounds good (even if my IMac G3 won't do QE :()

it'll be 1.5 years since apple last charged for a Mac OS X build (10.0, 4K78). i think everyone who says something like 'but 10.1 was free' should be condemned to use Windows 3.11 for a year exclusively.

Hi!,
I have also got the Jaguar but not installed ....it says in the "Read Me!" that

you can´t upgrade to the final release of jaguar if you have the BETA Intstalled!!

just want you guys to know that :D

Been using Jaguar more and more. I actually attempted to get some work done in it yesterday, but GoLive suffered from some wierd behavior, and the Preview release of DW MX wouldn't load, so I had to go back to 10.1.4.

Anyway, my two biggest pet peeves about Jaguar are-
1) Why in the world has Apple switched all the Finder keyboard shortcuts for Home, Computer, Applications, etc from using the Command-Option keys to using the Command-Shift keys? Not only does this annoy users (like me) who have gotten used to these keyboard shortcuts, but it also annoys developers who have to retool their applications that will conflict with it. I would expect this of Microsoft, but not of Apple.

2) The Open/Save dialog boxes, probably the weakest part of OS X, still have not been updated/enhanced. They are just the same as they are in 10.1, which is lame. Looks like I'll be shelling out the $30 for Default Folder X...

Back