Mac OS X 10.3.8 7U16 released!

fryke

Staff member
Mod
Apple's released it, it's in Software Update. Ran fine on my machine, no trouble whatsoever. ~27 MB coming from 10.3.7 for me on my AluBook.

After installation the fans in my G5 were running almost flat out for several minutes, they then went quiet for about a minute and then ramped up again.

Not been a problem under any other releases.

ElDiablo: We normally have one thread about new OS updates in System & Software (rather for issues than announcement) and one in News & Rumours (for the announcement). Makes sense.

About the fan issue: Those fans come on usually when some task goes wild. Your Mac might get better if you repair permissions and restart. Look at the Activity Monitor and see what goes, should the problem persist...

Mine is fine, though the reboot afterwards took forever...we'll see how it holds up though..

There are full treads about the fans problems. Try to set your energy preferences to max performances, this would lower the fan problems (indeed it seems that the temperature threshold has been lowered and that the software also prevent temperature by monitoring CPU activity).

Hi
I am new to MAC OS X.
Using PowerBook G4 with MAC os X 10.3.4

It was working fine with all the web-sites till december end.

Now I am finding problem while browsing few web pages in www.forbes.com
If i clike on the link, it show donloading / connecting but pages is not displaying ..

browsing pages bottom, left-hand side, it shows scripts/header.jp

but nothing will be displaying.

Please , If anybody knows any solution , please lte me know.

Please send reply to vishukumarh@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

regards
Vishu

I assume you are using safari as your browser? First you should update to the latest OSX version. Perhaps empty the cache on safari. Be more specific on the actual problem.

I'm not sure if it's the 10.3.8 update or not, but it seems that everytime I open Mail, a few of my accounts will go offline saying that the POP server could not be contacted. If I click on the error icon beside the account and reenable the account it'll work right away.

Why has this only popped up on my machines now? Yes, my machine at home is set to check only weekly and it came up last night at midnight, but I have checked software update at work every day and it didnt come up until today! Is there some setting that means it just checks again what updates came up last time and weren't installed, or something? I know you can check 'installed updates' etc, but this is just weird.

Sometimes it just takes a while to propagate through the system. Hmm, or maybe there's some sort of firewall issue at your work place that's interfering with Software Update.

When you say 'system' do you mean it releases to batches of users at a time to spare bandwidth or something? I don't think its a firewall issue, the updates themselves are very quick (we're on a 128Mb pipe) and it pops up itself if it is set to check automatically, I've never had a failed update or anything like that from this building.....

FlashMac said:
Why has this only popped up on my machines now? Yes, my machine at home is set to check only weekly and it came up last night at midnight, but I have checked software update at work every day and it didnt come up until today! Is there some setting that means it just checks again what updates came up last time and weren't installed, or something? I know you can check 'installed updates' etc, but this is just weird.

I don't know. I had it in SU the day it was released..

Seems that there are a few issues with Mail that 10.3.8 has raised for some. A few of these threads can be found on the official Apple Support site.

The problem I am experiencing since the update occurs when I am trying to send email using Mail, all emails I am trying to send are not going through my SMTP server.

I get the following:
The server response was: email client.

Can anyone help?

Back