Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger Startup

Greenpx

Registered
Hello,
I just registered for this forum today because I had a question dealing with startup on 10.4. Let me try to explain the problem I am having in detail with hopes that someone will know how to resolve it.
I created the user account Administrator, and then I created a Secondary account which is the primary one. The secondary is the one that logs in on default. When the computer logs in on this account the desktop zooms very far in. When I switch the default user to Administrator it doesn't zoom for some reason. I am currently using a wireless keyboard and mouse that is compatible with MAC. I checked this before I bought it.
I have also tried going into system preferences and toggling with the settings for the mouse and keyboard some, but none of those actions seem to help find the solution to the problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I think it has to do with one of the settings under the secondary account (the one that is used by default when logging in). I am just unsure of how to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

Check under the "Universal Access" pane of the System Preferences -- there are options for zooming, contrast, and other helpful things for those with disabilities. It sounds like some sort of "zoom" functionality got turned on by accident under that account.

or simple finder maybe. I had that happen to one time and that was what is was. Just delete that one and make a new one.

Someone has this same problem, as soon as he logs in the desktop start to zoom in and he can do nothing! There's only one account at that machine so it's not possible to log in as another user.

Shortcut for disabling zoom 'alt-command-8' doesn't work either anymore.

Does someone knows a trick to get it back to normal?

Thanks for any replies!

Back