Mac, OS X, and Pocket Computers....Help!

HeavyC

Registered
Can anyone recommend to me what kind of pocket computer is going to work best with my Mac. I have a new Imac that I got back in July with OS X and I really like it. I'd really like to get a pocket computer that I can take back and forth from work and keep important dates on and stuff.

We run Windows at work, so I don't know if that is an issue or not. From the limited research I've done, it seems like there are some conversion tools out there that would get the job done. However, I'm completely lost on what would even be the best pocket computer to buy.

Which is better Palm or Pocket PC? Also, what is the best model I should get that will not completely break my bank? Thanks in advance for the help.

Depends on what you're going to use it for :)
If you need a combined phone and PDA, or just a simple, affordable PDA, take a look at the Handsprings or a low-end Palm. Both run Palm OS. If you want something really unique, with about the same functionality as a Palm and the weight and power of a laptop, search for a Newton 2100 on ebay. If you want an expensive ugly little silver-colored plastic thingy that runs Office, takes pictures, plays mp3s, crashes constantly and ruins your budget, get a Pocket PC :)

Back