Macbook Counter Strike

apocalypselat3r

Registered
I spent three months trying to get windows and boot camp set up, and today; i finally got it working. However, to my displeasure, i only got black screens, I could hear menu buttons, but not visual. Is it true that Counterstrike source simply does not run on the macbook. if this is the fact...the truth, i will have to wait until something changes. but please, can anyone help me with this. this issue is the only issue i have asked from the website, i only needed a way to play counter strike source on my macbook.

If you had checked at the CounterStrike download web page, you would have known about the system requirements, which unfortunately, does not include shared video, such as the GMA 950 chip in the MacBook. From that page:
Minimum: 1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, DirectX 7 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP/ME/98, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: 2.4 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

That level of video implies a dedicated video card, and not a video set that shares VRAM with the main memory. Typically, even if you get this to work on your MacBook, the performance will be very poor, and is just not a system that you can expect to run the higher perf games. Any PC with integrated/shared video will have the same issue, not just the MacBook.
Try checking at some of the gaming support sites, for other kinds of help.

Back