macbookpro runs VERY HOT

VMF

Registered
hi guys, i'm pretty new with macs, only dealt with them at work and now i got myself a macbookpro yesterday and it runs REALLY hot in both windows and osx.
is this normal? i mean the computer is uncomfortable to touch especially in some areas and i dont even think about puttin it on my lap.
please advice.

The only one I have come across ran very hot as well. Mind you even the PPC based Powerbooks got very warm.

That will make a big difference. I'd run it off a powered external usb hub though. Why load the computer's power supply needlessly?

I have a really cute little usb hub which came with a plug-in power supply. Cost $15.

keep the MBP elevated at a 35 degree angle, look for a notebook stand or laptop stand to keep it cool

this one here is probably the best and cheapest

I know this post is very old, but I found a solution for myself.

What was suggested to me was smcFanControl which works fine if it seems to be getting hot and you want to increase the fan speed. But now, I've found the best program yet! its called iCyclone, and you can manually set the fan speed and do it manually, or you can get it to do it automatically by setting the idle temp as well as Max temp.

Back