MacIntel Compatible Software

That list is probably going to grow too large until people actually _have_ the first intel Macs and come here to talk about it... I'd say, we should also list stuff that does _not_ work on intel Macs (neither through Rosetta or natively):

- Apple's Pro Software.

Can't think of anything else right now. Guess we'll have to wait for reports...

Until more software is universal I will not likely be upgrading to an Intel Mac. Much like when OSX came out, it will take some time for software venders to catch up.

Apple's Pro applications don't run natively yet there, fryke.
Nor does Mac OS X Server yet.

That's exactly what I said, Giaguara. Not about server, but the pro apps. Read carefully. :)

Giaguara said:
Apple's Pro applications don't run natively yet there, fryke.
Nor does Mac OS X Server yet.

The Pro apps will all be universal in March.

The Xserves are likely to be the last Macs to get Intel processors because the G5 is ideal for scientific computation, a real workhorse in clusters. The Core Duo is never going to approach the G5 in vector processing performance.

Thus, Mac OS X Server is probably not a first priority.

no, you can't. and: read the board rules. (you can't legally get Mac OS X for your PC, so the talk about installing it on your PC is talk about illegal stuff and goes into the direction of warez-talk, which is not allowed on macosx.com...)

This is something of a continuation from this thread but Warcraft III (ie War3, Warcraft 3) "runs" on a Macbook Pro but no where near native speeds. It is basically unplayable for anyone switching over from Windows. Truly a disappointment.

DeadPrez said:
This is something of a continuation from this thread but Warcraft III (ie War3, Warcraft 3) "runs" on a Macbook Pro but no where near native speeds. It is basically unplayable for anyone switching over from Windows. Truly a disappointment.

Again, common sense is very important before making a purchase of that magnitude. Seriously to purchase a MacBook Pro and be disappointed with it because an old program for another CPU won't run is quite silly. :rolleyes:

Am I alone in thinking this?

I can't help that the world "troll" keeps popping up in my head.

Yeah sorry, I got caught in the hype the MacBook Pro. Warcraft III/Frozen Throne isn't all that old in my mind, seeing how its still a premier RTS and is native to Mac, with patches released as late as last month. You're right I didn't realize I had to check on every program in this manner. Not a troll, just hoping others will not be as surprised as I.

Then your best bet is to contact Blizzard about it. You spent the money on the game, you might as well get what you paid for. Apple's not to blame for this one (there are other things to blame Apple about, lest you think I'm a zealot ;))...they have put a disclaimer regarding certain games and Intel Core Macs on their gaming hardware page (check out the links I provided for you in the other thread). Blizzard knew about this for some time now, so they're the ones to blame for not coming out with a universal binary for WC3.

Everything Seems To Run For Me But Not As Fast As I Had Been Willing To Belive It Would... No Doubt The Rosetta Stone In Action.

Back