Mail iPhone issue

rmeaux

WoW MoM
Everything amongst my macs and iphones syncs and merges great. I use gmail and have a mobile me account.

When I read messages on my iphone they are not marked as read on my macs. but if i delete or move the action takes place. Why is it not removing the blue dot from my macs.

Not a big problem, i just have "new" message blue dot removal OCD. If I have a blue dot or a red number on my phone I cant think about anything else until it is gone. Stupid but just curious.

Thanks ahead of time

It doesn't affect the mail on your mac, if your checking it using your iPhone, its not going to tell your Mac mail that its been read, it would be the same thing if you went to gmail.com while you had new mail in Mac mail, it wouldn't update the mail and say that its already been read, unless you actually were in mail and read it... that may sound some what confusing, but as far as i know, you would just have to check it on both mail clients.

Where are you getting the email from, your ISP on another service? Is that service using IMAP or POP?

I am using gmail through the imap client. I just did a small test

I sent an email to my me account and sat in front my mac. as soon as I touch it on my phone the blue dot in mail disappears.

If I do the same with my gmail the blue dot stays. There has to be one little setting I am missing.

Quicknote
if read and delete an email on my phone. It removes the bluedot and places it in my all mail folder which is fine. So it is removing the dot.

Back