menubar fixed in 10.2.1?

spitty27

Apple Avid
dont know how many of you are aware of it but in all versions of Mac OS X up until 10.2 (the latest v. im familiar with) the menubar is a bit messed up. Go ahead an try: start from the left hand side and click on the apple menu, stil holding down the button move your way accross the bar towards the time menu (notice how every menu was selected and popped down its own menu) now release the clicker. now click from the time menu (right side) and move your way accross to the apple menu. the menus stop appearing right before the gap to the help menu. its like the right side is its own menubar app.

I have noticed it here, but it is mainly an effect from the 'Status Bar' ability AFAICT. The bug is relatively minor, and won't kill your apps, so Apple just never bothered to look into it ;)

Its because the Menulets aren't really integrated into the menu-bar.
You can even still use the menulets (like time or ichat menu) if the main menu of the current application is stuck because the application is hanging!

But theres another menu bug in the dock! If you hold down the mouse button over an application/folder icon in the dock, a popup menu will appear, as everybody knows I guess :)
This popup menu stays open even if you release your mouse button just right after it opened.
Now the bug: Theres a small gap between the application/folder icons (seems like to be a line from the top of the dock to the bottom of the dock of 1 pixel width), where the popup menu won't stay open if you release the mouse button. Not really a bad bug, but sometimes confusing :)

The menu for the separator stays open on mine if I release the mouse button, but I can't get the menu to appear just by holding down the mouse button over it -- I have to right-click or control-click, as expected.

no i don't mean the separator between folders and programmes :D i mean the small 1 pixel gap between every icon in the dock! its hard to hit with the mouse, but if you do, the menu won't stay open :)

btw the separator menu also can be opened by just holding down the mouse button! don't click directly on it but like 4 or 5 pixels to the left or right side of it (there where the normal mouse cursor reappears) and hold down the mouse button. et voilà, there we go

Back