Microsoft Intellimouse & Expose

Anthony

Registered
Another quick prehiphreal question... I want to use the two side buttons on my Microsoft Intellimouse Optical on my iBook to activate the Expose clear screen and all windows tricks.. I can configure this fine from the Expose system preference menu and it works great. I then installed the Intellimouse drivers (which work just fine with 10.3 except for this little flaw, in case anybody is wondering), but now the drivers are intercepting the mouse clicks and not sending them to Expose. Any ideas how I can have the drivers active so I can perform other customizations and still use the side buttons for Expose? (I already tried to set a keystroke in Expose then have the mouse clicks enter a keystroke.. but I couldn't get the two to agree on anything based on what keys they allow you to use..)

Or almost as good does anybody know of a util like they used to have around in 10.0/10.1 that will work in 10.3 to speed up mouse acceleration higher than the default system prefs for mouse lets you? Its slooww even turned up to max speed and thats really the only reason I'd need the intellimouse drivers is because they let you crank it way up.

I've been trying to figure out how to do that, The version 5.0 Intellipoint just won't give up that option, maybe in next update from M$ (don't hold your breath!) and I've never tried USB OverDrive, but read that a Microsoft mouse can't be controlled from USB overdrive, anybody tried that??
I have a pref pane called MouseZoom, which either interferes with the Intellipoint driver, or just doesn't work with Panther (appears to work until you close out System Preferences, then drags cursor to a slow crawl)

Sorry for the non-helpful stuff here!

I installed the Intellimouse drivers, version 5.0 on my system running 10.3 and promptly removed them. The effects were unreliable, at best. I couldn't really tell which pane (Apple's mouse pane or the intellimouse pane) were controlling the scrolling speed as well as other functions.

If you wanna use the Exposé buttons, you're gonna have to remove the intellimouse drivers, plain and simple. I would venture to say that ANY 3rd party mouse drivers would interfere with the assigning of actions to mouse buttons through any Apple software, like you're trying to do with the Exposé buttons.

You can give USB Overdrive a try -- I know for a fact it works with my Intellimouse Explorer for all the buttons, although I'd expect it to take over the buttons much like the intellipoint drivers do, preventing you from assigning Exposé buttons to them.

Back