Microsoft Office v.X

vic

RRRrrrRRRrrrRRrrr
Does your MS Office crash as much as mine?

just wondering... entourage especially crashes every time i make it get my email :(

what's happening?

One reason can be that you have a beta version...The betas were very buggy.
The other reason I can think of is that it's a Microsoft product! ;)

Originally posted by vic
Does your MS Office crash as much as mine?

just wondering... entourage especially crashes every time i make it get my email :(

what's happening?

Yes, I have unistalled v.X and I am back to using 98 within Classic, Shame huh? Mine crashed everytime i tried to collect my hotmail. Word worked OK all the others crashed at startup.

I love the way MS go on how great that it has 25 Million lines of code. That's the same as Maya!!!! and 3 times as much as Photoshop. Hmm something's wrong there!!!

I'll just wait until a major update is out, then I'll reinstall it

What version of OS X are you running? And is this the retail version of Office v.X? Also, how did you install Office X? Did you use the installer application or just drag and drop the applications you wanted to your HD (which is the method I would recommend... screw installers if you don't need them : )

You might want to boot the computer into single user mode (startup computer holding down Command-S ) and type "fsck -y" at the command prompt. If it finds any errors and it says your file system has been modified, continue running fsck -y until it doesn't report any errors anymore. At this point, type "reboot" and see if you're able to launch any Office apps.

If you want to be able to get Hotmail mail from within Entourage, you need to go and download the Entourage-X Hotmail updater. Entourage, right out of the box, CANNOT connect to a hotmail account to send/receive email. Microsoft apparently changed some authenticator in their hotmail servers that requires you to update Entourage (just like Entourage in Office 2001) to be able to access your hotmail account.

i had an even stranger experience. my entourage deleted itself twice already. i had it running and just quited it. after rebooting it disapeared...

even a search could find it anymore. does anybody knows about such a problem?

What is the build number of Entourage? Go to the file itself, do a command-i to get info, and it should tell you the build number. You just might be using a beta-build of Office. I bought the retail version of Office after using some beta builds, and Entourage was the buggiest program in the bunch in the beta-builds.

My build number of Entourage is 10.0.1 (1331). If yours says anything less than that, it's likely a beta-build and is probably the buggiest program on your hard drive! ;)

Ask for your money back and use 98 until OpenOffice comes out. Less code, less space, faster response, etc...

Good Luck,:)
SA

Back