Missing Sync: Missing Sanity

GroundZeroX

Searching for logic
Okay, my girlfriend gave me her iPaq 3955 for my bday, and she bought me Missing Sync for Pocket PC. I have spent the past 24 hours trying to get the software to work, and it just won't. I have synced over 40 times, and only one of them successfully synced my calendar, but refuses to sync subsequent times it just failed. I did 6 uninstall's and reinstalls of the software, and I resetted the iPaq 4 times today alone. Still, I keep getting the damn error message. I followed the instructions down to the letter, sent e-mails to tech support, and went through support, telling myself that there must be an obvious answer. The obvious answer is that Missing Sync is complete junk. Do you know how bad the software is? I have a secondary battery, and when I disconnected it, Missing Sync thought it was a new PDA, refused to work, and wanted me to pay MORE money. The only time they actually responded to me was when I threatened to contact the better business bureau if I didn't get my money back.

Here is my dilemma though. I am a college student, and I don't have a lot of money. I need a PDA to help keep me organized. Has anyone in here had any expierence with PocketMac? I have heard enough mixed reviews to keep me skeptical. And after my expierence with the awful software that Missing Sync has to offer, I'm not exactly jumping in my seat to give another company money that is probably full of crap. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Oh, on a final note, the people at Mark/Space have said a lot about being the future of Syncing for the Mac. If Mark/Space is the future of Syncing for the Mac, I'd seriously consider a PC. I haven't had such problems with software since I was PC user. I don't understand why they don't just make a good product.

Excuse me if it seems like I am venting. Missing Sync lost all my calendar's with To Do Lists, and ALL of my Address Book entries. When I sent them an e-mail to complain, their person said I was acting innappropriately. Ha! I am in the middle of doing two projects with two different groups, all my Tasks are gone, and I am acting inappropriately because their crap-ware messed up my data.

Well, it isn't new, but I did just sell it for enough money to buy a Tungsten E, which I am happy with.

well, i found a buyer, I just haven't shipped it off yet. I will probably pick up the Tungsten over the weekend.

To be fair-I have used Missing Sync for about 3 months without any problems. Connections work fine and the syncing is ok. even if it is much slower than my old Palm. It sounds as if there was something else wrong Somewhere. because the combination does work.

I did everything that the instructions said over and over again. To me Missing Sync is the Black Sheep of the Macintosh world. The software isn't worth the bits it takes up on my Harddrive.

Back