MKV files. Tried every program and none are working.

SxyLilRckStar

Registered
I just wanted to know if there is anything else I can do. The files have subtitles attached to them and in all programs they work fine, but here's my problem. The files do not completely work in Mplayer, VLC, or Perian loaded Quicktime.
MPlayer- It's the only one that plays the video itself smoothly, but the sound is all static and awful.
VLC- Plays the sound perfectly, but the picture keeps digitizing though it is moving at correct speed.
Quicktime - Sound is perfect, but this video isn't moving correctly though the screen stays clear. It slows down and is jerky.

Because each aspect of the video can be played correctly in one of the three players... I would think all of it would work on some player... right? Any suggestions?

VLC Should be able to work everything, just try playing around with the settings. Sorry for not really helping, i just know VLC will pull through :p

Since all of the MKVs _I_ have work just fine both in Quicktime with Perian as well as VLC, I'd say it's the file at fault. Improper encoding, bitrate and the likes...

Back