Motorola TrueSync for cell phones?

hazmat

Rusher of Din
Does anyone know if there is any way to get a Motorola cell phone (I have a V60c) to sync to something under OS X? Nothing on their web site says anything about Mac OS, but there is a USB version. I suppose the best thing for me would be to sync to the Address Book, and I bet even better with the one under 10.2 when it's released. But even an app solely for the phone would be cool.

Thanks for any info.

I am wondering about the same thing. I am looking for a new phone that I can sync with my Tibook 667, infrared. I do not live in an area with Bluetooth support. Thanks.

With Motorola you are in luck.....It's one of the few phones that have a USB data cable (V60 & V70). That half the battle.

I rang Motorola (Australia) and they admitted a few of there 'techos' link a V60 to and iBook out field (OSX). They don't advertise the fact but they did give me the website for the free download software. It was a few months back and I can't remember the website. Sorry you will have to call them.;)

Are you talking about using the phone as a wireless modem or syncing the phonebook to the Mac? If the former, yeah, it's all included in 10.2. If the latter, I think we are SOL.

You can with iSync 1.1. Note that the last post was from last Dec. iSync 1.1 was released a few weeks ago or so.

I like the new iSync overall. I have a moto t720i from TMobile and the moto usb data cable. It syncs fine as long as you want all info put in the phone memory. It doesn't give you the option of storing to the sim card.

Ah. I have a V60c and am absolutely thrilled that I can now sync it with the USB data cable. This was the last thread that was keeping me using Windows for anything in my personal life. Now the thread is broken. :)

As for your phone, try looking at 3rd party utilities. I saw another for syncing the V60c and others. Maybe it has more options for you.

Back