Mouse issues

cheekymac

Registered
In the last week my mouse had been frozen when i turn the computer on, if I unplug it and switch plugs then it works again. Though is annoying to do this everytime. And today it started going on and off, light is on one sec then a new later off. Then back on for a while.

I have a G4 Tower, using OS 10.4.11 with a flat apple monitor. I have the keyboard plugged in the back of the monitor and the mouse plugged into the keyboard.

Any ideas what is happening? I came back from vacation and it started acting up. So is my ipod and not sure what is going on with the electronics.

In the last week my mouse had been frozen when i turn the computer on, if I unplug it and switch plugs then it works again. ... And today it started going on and off, light is on one sec then a new later off. Then back on for a while.
I have a G4 Tower, using OS 10.4.11 with a flat apple monitor. I have the keyboard plugged in the back of the monitor and the mouse plugged into the keyboard. Any ideas what is happening?

This reads to me like a USB power issue. Try plugging your mouse directly into your G4. If that solves the problem, then I'd recommend that you use the direct connection rather than the mouse > keyboard > monitor > G4.

If you want to plug your keyboard directly into your G4 as well, but don't have enough USB ports, then buy a powered hub, they're not expensive, there's even a beaut little battery-powered one (CyberPower).

This reads to me like a USB power issue. Try plugging your mouse directly into your G4. If that solves the problem, then I'd recommend that you use the direct connection rather than the mouse > keyboard > monitor > G4.

If you want to plug your keyboard directly into your G4 as well, but don't have enough USB ports, then buy a powered hub, they're not expensive, there's even a beaut little battery-powered one (CyberPower).

I actually have a little 4 plug hub, for some reason I didn't think I could plug he keyboard or mouse into it. Can I plug the ipod into it too?

I actually have a little 4 plug hub, for some reason I didn't think I could plug he keyboard or mouse into it. Can I plug the ipod into it too?

As for the first two peripherals. yes, a USB hub is fine. But is it powered? If not, you'll find that there is insufficient power from the Mac motherboard to operate more than one, maybe two, items.

As for the iPod, yes, I guess so, but I don't use an iPod.

With a powered hub you can operate as many as 6 - 8 USB items, depending on the number of ports on the hub.

Back