my bluetooth phone stopped working!

Dlatu1983

Prime Minister
My phone (Sony Ericsson T616/T610) has been working rather strangely lately. Some of the time, it refuses to send a picture over a bluetooth connection, claiming that the connection failed, but I'm able to easily connect bluetooth to my imac in order to use sailing clicker.

The REAL problem is this....it'll sometimes allow me so send one picture over to the computer, but then I'll try and send a second, and it greys out (it wont allow you to select it) the option for bluetooth...click it anyways, and it claims that bluetooth is busy, even though I'm not DOING anything with it. I check the main screen on the phone, and bluetooth is connected to my computer...it wont allow me to turn bluetooth off either ( I have to actually turn the phone off and then back on again) any idea?

Hmmmmm, do you have other bluetooth devices around? If so, turn them all off and just try with your t610. And how do you transfer those files?
And of course: which os are you using?

btw, just for your info: there is a new firmware out for the t610 since few weeks. If there is absolutly no logic behind this issue, I would go for that update...

I heard that you have to take the phone in to to Erisson service center to get the firmware updated...is this true, or can I do it myself?

Here;s the new deal...I can send a picture from my phone to my iMac just fine...but then it wont let me send a second one. The bluetooth connection symbol on the phone stays on, so it appears that the phone thinks I have an active connection...so it wont let me turn bluetooth off either! The only way I can send another picture is to either turn the phone on and off, which is stupid, walk out of range of bluetooth, which is even stupider, or to start up another bluetooth app (like turning on and then off the bluetooth support for my address book), before it'll let me connect to the mac again...it wont even let me SELECT bluetooth as a transfer option! any ideas?

Back