my ibook's rubber feet are gone.

Snark

Registered
If you look under an ibook it has four rubber "feet" or stopper inside steel rings.

Mine have all fallen out, are there any replacements or should I look to new furniture stopper type sticky feet? My ibook is looking very nasty underneath.

Convert, that link isn't working.

Snark, the rubber feet falling off is a common issue. If there's an Apple store nearby, stop in and grab some new ones from them. They're pretty cheap...a couple bucks max (might even get lucky and get them for free). If possible, you might want to grab a few extra just incase. Also, any place that's authorized to do repairs on Apples should have them, since they usually have to remove the feet to get to screws underneath them.

Convert

I think you should come here for advice before spending your money. Those rubber feet you link to are almost $20.00. We could tell you where to buy stuff, and you could give us a commission and still save money. :)

yeah, I went to the apple store, and they just glued new ones on for free. no questions asked.

they haven't come off since they were glued in either.

On a side note, Home Depot has some clear silicone ones made for small appliances that are cheap ($1.99) and might work well. They're about 3mm high so they might even allow a bit more airflow under the iBook/pBooks.

The last time I was at the Apple Store near me I saw them put new ones on a customer's iBook, just not sure if it was free or not. Never saw him pay for it though. Might be worth calling one to find out.

Back