need hard disk space

synchronicityii

Registered
i'm in need of some hard disk space, so i want to delete some apps i'm never going to use, such as idvd, imovie, iweb, and garage band (most of ilife, i know). but im never going to make any movies since i dont have a dvd writer on my macbook anyway.
so my question is i know to delete these apps i just have to trash them from the applications window, but is there any files left behind that i can delete to free up some more room?
also, is there a clean-up program to delete some other stuff on my comp that i don't use? thanks.

There's a whole bunch left. Take a look at your /Library and ~/Library folders and the Application Support folders in there. Just make sure you don't delete files that are used by other applications. AFAIR iMovie and Garage Band store all their samples, examples and media that comes with the application somewhere in one of the Library folders. In the case of iMovie and Garage Band we're easily talking about gigabytes of data you won't need if you don't need these applications.

Back