• Can't Choose

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeth

The Mac Duck
AOL has decided to use Netscape, and I've just switched to Netscape from Internet Explorer. I personally think Netscape is easier to use and offers more features than IE. What do you think?????

I use Mozilla. But nontheless Netscape uses the Gecko core, same as Mozilla. I like Gecko, and I'll switch to Chimera when it's fit for regular use because of it's core. I could care less what it's in, but for me right now Mozilla seems to be the best choice to run Gecko with. And AOL will be using Gecko, not Netscape. So basically it'll look the same but will use Gecko to render sites instead of IE, which is a good thing because it promotes standards following on a lot of major and personal sites.

Woo hoo! Another browser thread!

Let's see... IE is MS and garbage for all I am concerned about, Netscape is bloated and crashes constantly for me, so neither. I use IE when I absolutely have to (two sites come to mind -- my credit card company and to clear out the trash in Hotmail) otherwise it's OmniWeb.

By the way, I voted that I can't choose, because there should really be at least an "Other" option...

Yes... IE is from M$, and I hate that. But I use IE. it is a lot better for the graphic designer. it supports more colors. A gradient in NN looks like puke. it supports the iFrame tag, which makes web design a hell of a lot easier. I think Mozilla support it too. NS6 does. But NS6 is a big, heavy, clunky, unstable mess of poop.

but i hope OmniGroup comes through and makes the best browser,

Originally posted by Nummi_G4
But NS6 is a big, heavy, clunky, unstable mess of poop.

How is it a big heavy clunky unstable mess of poop? I use NS6 and It works fine.

- Joe

Mozilla 1.0.0+ has easily been the best so far. OmniWeb 5, tho', with true multithreading, looks to put EVERYONE to shame.

ooh! omniweb 5? where do you see that? i thought we were still in beta for 4.1

how far away is that do you think?

wish I had a $ for everytime that question was asked... ;)

asked it often myself..... I still dont know the answer... after nearly 12 yrs using macs...

Lets see, I was a hardcore netscape fan, used it for ever.... being so anti microsoft, I would NOT use IE.... I would rather die first! lol.

Then, two things happened... micro$oft released IE 5.0, and I tried it.... I liked it! IE 5 (os 9 version) rocked! IE 5 for Mac was MUCH better than its windows counterpart.

I made the switch. Shortly thereafter, Netscape was taken over by AOheLL.... never used netscape since... its bloatware... simple does too much stuff... stuff that I use other programs for.

Been using IE 5.1 for osX.... and I like it, but... its got bugs... and they get on my nerves.. wish MS would fix them, and release the new version on their site for dl'ing....

You may want to try opera, or omniweb... they both look promising to me..

If microsoft dont fix IE sometime soon, I may have to ditch it.. ??

so, in answer to your question.... I still prefer IE....

Been using IE 5.1 for osX.... and I like it, but... its got bugs... and they get on my nerves.. wish MS would fix them, and release the new version on their site for dl'ing....

Gee, if I have a bug with Mozilla I just post it to Bugtrack and it's fixed within days. Ah, the power of open source.

Some people need to jump into the present and look at Netscape 6 and Mozilla 1.0.0, it's not Netscape 4.

is netscape 6 that much different than older versions? Netscape always crashed on me.... Mozilla, never heard of that one... mabe its time I take a look huh? ;)

Mozilla IS THE most standards compliant browser currently. It's managed by the open source community. Netscape 6 is just a nightly build of Mozilla with AOL ads and spam. So if you want to try it, get Mozilla 1.0.0rc2 (current).

Also, you can use the Apply theme menu to get some themes. there's even an IE Windows theme now!

My personal list. Should I have voted IE? Bad poll.

OmniWeb: 80%
IE: 19%
Mozilla: 1%

NONE!!! :p

Mozilla (RC2)
OmniWeb
Internet Exploder
Netscape

in that order - yeah, I have three personalities - got a problem with it? :p...

Mozilla cuz I love it! OmniWeb because I need a 2nd browser, Internet Exploder because I need a 3rd browser and I need to make sure things I do work on IE (and Netscape but I absolutely HATE Netscape worse than I do IE - but I love Mozilla - weird, huh? :D)

I'd replace IE with Netscape but Netscape refuses to run with "another copy of Netscape already running! WTF? That's Mozilla - not Netscape! Wuzz!)

:p :D

Originally posted by Tormente
Mozilla cuz I love it! OmniWeb because I need a 2nd browser, Internet Exploder because I need a 3rd browser and I need to make sure things I do work on IE (and Netscape but I absolutely HATE Netscape worse than I do IE - but I love Mozilla - weird, huh? :D)

And what's funny is that the last line of the UNIX Netscape readme from as far back as I can remember (probably 1.x) to at least 4.x was:

And remember, it's spelled N-e-t-s-c-a-p-e, but it's pronounced "Mozilla."

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back