New iPod?

I got fooled by the iHome,

I got fooled by the Intel PowerMac

This time I will not be fooled.

I call shenanigans!!

besides, something about it just doesn't look quite right -- just doesn't quite follow the same iPod design (I think it's the corners). It could be a real product, but realised by another company to compete with the iPod. More likely, though, it's Photoshop IMO.

Plus it's too fat. I think the new iPod will keep the same size of the current one, just with a bigger screen etc.

EDIT: Occurs to me too that there is no reference for scale. Can't tell if it's 2 inches or 2 meters long. It could be a tablet PC.

if it's real...MacTablet

like Cheese said, there is nothing to compare it to, and the serial number is for OS X Server 10.2

the naming thing that Steve said he wanted "Mac" in everything, it kinda makes sense. MacBook, MacBook Pro, and maybe a 3rd sub-notebook line, MacTablet

I don't know.. it just doesn't look "Apple" enough for me.. well, I've been wrong before. We will find out soon..

they showed black pictures of that same ipod a few weeks ago, and actual screen play on it. i really believe its possible. also macrumors.com showed the virtual touchwheel can be shown or invisible. and when your not playin video, it makes the ipod look like a 5g ipod video. half the screen lights up solid color just like they usually look.

I cant wait for it to come out. prolly be $499 or the ipods all will drop in price for this one

its fake guys. here's the blog of the guy that did it. how could you even fall for it? you all know if there was such a thing, jobs would have the lid way too tight for anything to get out. and if it did, he'd have the lawers in there so fast to shut down any site showing it.

1.) About nothing happening when using the wheel while playing a video: It'd only change volume, nothing to see really, would there, besides the volume level maybe.

2.) There are other pictures like this one floating around: http://haligon.blogspot.com/2006/03/assuming-full-ipod-av-comes-true.html

3.) Apple _did_ apply for patents concerning multi-digit touchpads as well as something that _definitely_ looked like a tablet-computer or iPod with full-plate screen.

4.) Really: What *IS* the next logical step for the iPod with video? So even if these pictures are fakes, I guess if I have to imagine the next generation iPod (and why *shouldn't* there be one ever?), this is basically all I could come up with. Has to fit into the Universal Dock and onto the iPod HiFi? Check. Has to have more/better features? Check. Has to be sleek looking and kind of stay with the iPod theme? Check.

Well yes, yes I do Fryke...

If you read my post, it comments on the absurdity of believing every photoshop'd picture you see... I was orginally going to post just the picture, but whatever...

Also... it's not out of insecurity that I would imagine you to believe I only posted my thread in this one to gain some sort of ego boost, eh?

Just trying to add to the topic sir...

Nono, that's not what I meant... Rather, like I pointed out above: I believe that even _if_ it's just somebody's photoshopping, I guess the 6G iPod could very much look like it.

Back