New Switch Ads!

These ads fall flat. Ellen Feiss's ad is better than all the other ads combined.

BTW, is anybody else disgusted with all this ethnic diversity bullcrap that these marketing analysts treat like the Holy Grail? Give it a rest already. What a superficial way to categorize people. How about some other kind of diversity, like political diversity or economic diversity. Half the people in these commercials don't even look like they are Americans.

Just some random observations.

Janie Porche--Did you spend alot of time watching the Rosie O'Donnell show? Talk about mocking Rosie's personality. Might also be a lesbian.

Guantam--hmmmmmmmmm.....

Theresa--might want to change your name to Pat. good personality tho.

Jeremiah--move to West Hollywood.

Fabiola--consider becoming a Mime if you need to use that many gestures.

Originally posted by übermac®™
These ads fall flat. Ellen Feiss's ad is better than all the other ads combined.

BTW, is anybody else disgusted with all this ethnic diversity bullcrap that these marketing analysts treat like the Holy Grail? Give it a rest already. What a superficial way to categorize people. How about some other kind of diversity, like political diversity or economic diversity. Half the people in these commercials don't even look like they are Americans.

huh? :confused:

Define what an American should look like...

Or do you mean NATIVE Americans? Or depending on what part of "America", Native American and Hispanics? Or... or... or...

They _ALL_ look American to me!

Fabiola--consider becoming a Mime if you need to use that many gestures.

Most teachers that I know that really love teaching and expressing themselves (which make the best teachers in my book) are this animated...

Originally posted by Tormente

huh? :confused:

Define what an American should look like...

Or do you mean NATIVE Americans? Or depending on what part of "America", Native American and Hispanics? Or... or... or...

They _ALL_ look American to me!

There's no way to define how an American looks, however I can quote you America's population statistics if you like. Overall, Americans don't look like many of the people in the ads.
What I was saying is that I am tired of the marketing analysts that drag ethnicity and race into the commercial arena like it will magically make people of the same ethnicity want to buy a mac (which is the only pathetic reason why analysts do it). TV is becoming formulized and analyzed to death in this way. I guarantee the analysts working on these commercials had set percentages for the amount of Blacks, Hispanics, Arabs, etc that they needed to put in these spots. This is a really dumb way to make commercials.

Its just like the way music is being churned out by the market analyzed teen groups like Nsync. Looks are far more important today than how the music sounds or whether or not if the performers actually write their own songs. And it is just despicable.

Originally posted by Tormente

Most teachers that I know that really love teaching and expressing themselves (which make the best teachers in my book) are this animated...

Cool...but I don't. I think the best teachers are those that motivate you to think and to learn by yourself. A little gesturing is ok. Too much, and you blow it completely.

I like the ads.... I think they do well easing the minds of people who are thinking of switching. And I also give credit to the people for doing the ads. Knowing full well that people like übermac®™ (who must not have anything better to do) will pick them apart based on a tiny little commercial interview, and make judgments about their private life and sexual orientation.

Also I like the diversity. I live in Pittsburgh and these people seem just like people I could run into.

Good for Apple
Good for people in the ads.

Matthew

There's no way to define how an American looks, however I can quote you America's population statistics if you like. Overall, Americans don't look like many of the people in the ads.
What I was saying is that I am tired of the marketing analysts that drag ethnicity and race into the commercial arena like it will magically make people of the same ethnicity want to buy a mac (which is the only pathetic reason why analysts do it). TV is becoming formulized and analyzed to death in this way. I guarantee the analysts working on these commercials had set percentages for the amount of Blacks, Hispanics, Arabs, etc that they needed to put in these spots. This is a really dumb way to make commercials.

Its just like the way music is being churned out by the market analyzed teen groups like Nsync. Looks are far more important today than how the music sounds or whether or not if the performers actually write their own songs. And it is just despicable.

Race is overated...
TV is only good for playing PS2 and watching DVDs...
And I'm opposed to music covered by RIAA's umbrella (unless they're singers that I liked from before they changed to a record lable that is covered by RIAA).
Soo all those points are simply lost with me - thank god! :)

It's good to see REAL PEOPLE (not just your defenition of Americans) from anywhere/everywhere in the world in commercials!

Originally posted by Inline_guy
I like the ads.... I think they do well easing the minds of people who are thinking of switching. And I also give credit to the people for doing the ads. Knowing full well that people like übermac®™ (who must not have anything better to do) will pick them apart based on a tiny little commercial interview, and make judgments about their private life and sexual orientation.

Also I like the diversity. I live in Pittsburgh and these people seem just like people I could run into.

Good for Apple

Matthew

That's great you want to win votes like a politician on this board, but what do you <b>really</b>think?

Who said I am saying diversity is bad or I don't like it? But to have something as superficial as ethic diversity for no more reason than "people of the same ethnicity buy the same things" is beyond stupid. What about other types of diversity...or is it that you don't really care about diversity--you just want to say what you know people will like.

Originally posted by Inline_guy

Good for Apple

Matthew

My feelings exactly Matthew! :)
I live in Southern California/Los Angeles - and let me tell you I see all these kinds of people EVERYDAY! If these people where not in the commercials and only people that ubermac thinks should be - I would think the commercials where shot in Poland or something! :D

I know I've sent my real story to Apple, and I'll be damned if I care what people like ubermac think about me if they where to chose me for a commercial! Oh wait... I've already been on a few movies (as an extra)... heh... maybe I should keep quiet before ubermac decides to judge me just by my looks! :p

f_vs_j.jpg

Back