NoMachine NX type software for Mac OS X?

hexstar

Registered
Hello, I am in need of software that has the functionality NoMachine NX has but for Mac OS X, anyone know of any such software? Thanks! :)

Here is pretty much what I'm looking for:

My family wants to have one desktop machine that people can use as they please, each person (except me, I paid for my own computer...and for good reason :p) has their own account on the machine so that they have their own desktop, home folder, itunes library, mail, etc. This is already done. Now they want to expand to a laptop as well so that when someone is using the desktop and someone else wants to use the computer as well it will be possible for that to happen.

However they also want to be able to be on the laptop and be able to see their usual desktop, mail, etc.

So my thought is that I could setup a remote access server on the desktop computer so that people can use the desktop computer as they wish while also allowing people on the laptop to login to the desktop mac at the same time and pull up their own desktop and everything. NX seems to do this for the PC and that is why I am looking for something functionally similar.

Looking at the Mac OS X choices for remote access software I have found Timbuktu and it looks like it can do what I'm looking to do, can anyone confirm this? Is there perhaps a cheaper option? Thanks! :)

My family wants to have one desktop machine that people can use as they please, each person (except me, I paid for my own computer...and for good reason :p) has their own account on the machine so that they have their own desktop, home folder, itunes library, mail, etc. ...
MacOS X is based on OpenSTEP. This functionality was an integral part of NEXTstep/OpenSTEP. For whatever reason, Apple has yet to implement it in MacOS X. A lot of people would like it restored.

Back