Office 2004 Assistants

powermac

iMac Dual 2.0 17'
I have the student/teacher version of Office 2004. All the office assistant I have is the Max one. I checked on my install CD and no other assistant is available. Are the others part of the professional version? They appear not to be on the Office 2004 web site.
Can I get the other assistants some how?
:confused:

I can't find anything about the Office Assistants for the Mac. Max is installed by default with Office 2004 for Mac. There don't appear to be any others for the Mac version.
Microsoft is removing Office Assistants in favor of a new help system, as of Office 2007.
Here's an article that seems to have the most info I could find.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clippy

I have the same version of office, and I did a full install, yet only Max is available. It's defiantly not on the CD.

In theory, if you had an assistant file from, say, Office X, you could put it in the "Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Assistants" folder.

I had that version as well, don't have it now. I thought there were more on the prior version. I wish they were available for download. Oh well...thanks

My backup of Office X seems to only have Max installed, otherwise I'd send them to you. You'll probably need the Office X CD (if they're even on there?).

Yea, thanks. I have to admit, I like the earth one the best. My little cousin wanted the assistants, he like the robot one.

Back