Oh no! macbook pro intel looping startup problem

Skakig

Registered
Situation:

Having coffee, reading a book listening to iTunes playing some great tunes when I need to check something online.

I try to wake my computer from sleep with my touchpad and... suddenly my iTunes starts skipping, playing, relapsing and playing the same bit over and over again - all while my screen never lit up or woke up from it's sleep.

Hmmm.... strange I think. I quickly tried a force-quit but to no avail. Dark sleepy screen and still the skipping music.

in a panic, I hold down the power button and power down.... (that'll show it! ha ha!) Alas, my victory was taken from my grips as... when I start up:

MY PROBLEM
I get the startup sound, skipping over and over again and my laptop won't progress from there. It's an endless loop of what used to be a beautiful sound! My computer won't start, it just plays the same startup sound.

Ok, no problem I thought. I'll just boot up from the cd.... and ... nothing. Same thing.
disabling extensions ... nothing. Same thing.
the target disk firewire drive.... nothing. Same thing.

I can't get my macbook pro, intel, 2.3ghz, 2gb ram, with every bell and whistle known to man to do anything else than... make an endless symphony of startup sounds.... intervals at nearly 2.5 seconds (which is faster than any damn windows machine I know!)

Cry for help! :eek:
Has anyone had this problem before and ... please. Help. I'm in Poland after picking this up in the States during Christmas time. My macbook is like my right arm and I'm scratching my brain with my other.

I'm in a bad way without my laptop... Really! Appreciate any help anyone could throw my way!

Cry for help! :eek:
Has anyone had this problem before and ... please. Help. I'm in Poland after picking this up in the States during Christmas time. My macbook is like my right arm and I'm scratching my brain with my other.

I'm in a bad way without my laptop... Really! Appreciate any help anyone could throw my way!

Try booting from the install DVD by pressing the "C" key during startup. Alternatively you could run the Apple Hardware Test by booting up from the same DVD by pressing the "D" key during startup. Run a detailled analysis. If this shows any errors or the machine still doesn't boot up properly you'll have to take it to an Apple Authorised Service Provider or contact Apple Support. This is what your warranty is there for.

I have just encountered some difficulties with my 1 year old MBP (2GHz), the lower memory slot seems broken plus there was an error reported about one of the fans. Luckily I have an AppleCare coverage so I just handed it in for warranty repair. Luckily again, this happened after I just got me a brand new 2.33GHz MBP so I'm still able to work.

Back