Okay.. stop with the darn ***SPAM*** editing on my EMAILS!!!

I don't want to have to White_list sites. I want to white_list all email coming to ME. I want ALL my email. Can you do that?

I'm glad I finally got an answer as too who did it. Even after practically blaming Comcast for it. Not practically. I DID blame them. I blamed them BAD.

Well, that is why it is always good to make sure you have proper information before blaming anyone.

You are still getting all your emails, they just have the spam tag if it finds them to be that. I will see about getting the filter removed for your account.

I wish you would. It may seem trivial, but that extra text at the beginning of the emails is screwing my whole routine up. And I can't take it!

Go ahead. Call me weird. My friend does. But he doesn't need things the way I do. I don't like scrolling in my Notification Replies! That is what this Spam filter is doing! It is making me scroll. And THAT I can't stand. If Comcast weren't so sucky and Mail didn't keep jumping all the time when trying to access my account, I'd use that. I got MacOSX.com Email because I wanted something permanent that I wouldn't need to change when I change ISP's. And at the price I paid, it was a great deal for what I got it for.

I blamed Comcast first because you guys said it wasn't MacOSX.com. I blamed you first because that's where the email was going through. Now I've alienated myself with the Comcast support people and I hope they forget who I am in case I need their help. I don't want to be put on the list as "Difficult". (Like that Seinfeld episode.)

"I don't want to be put on the list as "Difficult"."

Jasoco, that's okay, you already are.

Wow, I got that spam filtering too. Wohoo. I just don't get any spam there anyway .. wait, I think I go and try to send me an email that I'd give the maximum points in the spam filter ... to see how well I can score! I sent once something to a friend and scored 11 points .. :p

Didn't one of your messages score something like 100 points, Jasoco? Beat that, G! :)

Yes. Most of mine only had 5 points. But a couple had 106. This was only because for SOME reason, the address was on "My" Black List.

---- Start SpamAssassin results
106.40 points, 5 required;
* 0.8 -- From: does not include a real name
* 2.6 -- To: is empty
* 0.7 -- BODY: Gives a lame excuse about why you were sent this spam
* 100.0 -- From: address is in the user's black-list
* 0.7 -- 'Message-Id' was added by a relay (3)
* 0.5 -- Missing To: header
* 0.5 -- Message has X-MSMail-Priority, but no X-MimeOLE
* 0.6 -- Message looks like Outlook, but isn't

---- End of SpamAssassin results

The bug has been fixed which put "* 100.0 -- From: address is in the user's black-list " inside SPAM point system for items not in the blacklist. This applied mainly to *@*.net addresses.

Back