OpenVPN Help

bkaron

Yep, That's Me!
I need some HELP!

I'm not too fluent in UNIX. My friend helped me compile OpenVPN and all was going good until I needed to wipe my HD (on the client computer) and I forgot to backup my OpenVPN client script. I would ask my friend to help me out, but he is out of town. I did as much as I could, I was basically relying off the "HOW TO" part of the OpenVPN website and my memory.

The following are the steps I take to get the VPN working: (normally)
1) sudo su (I will post a different subject about that, but it works)
2) cd /usr/local/sbin/openvpn
3) ./openvpn --config client.ovpn

After the steps are performed I get the following error:
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in client.ovpn:10: Keepalive
Use --help for more information.
I then proced to view the script:
1) vi client.ovpn

I don't know what to do, what are missing parameter(s)?

- Thanks!

client.ovpn (script)

Code:
#here your external router ip
remote 68.xxx.xxx.xx

proto tcp
port 443

dev tun

ifconfig 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.1
Keepalive 20 120

;secret key.txt
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
~                                                                                         
"client.ovpn" 12L, 142C

Back