OS X loading slow!

BioCore

Registered
Hey,

I was trying to change my theme for osx so I had to install Shapeshifter! i was trying out the dem version, and after I installed the theme and a setalphavalue package that came with the theme, my mac has been loading up slowly!

At starup, it loads the dock and toolbar but the icons on the right side of toolbar all load up couple seconds after everything else! I tried deleting the alphaetvalue package, and am trying to delete the shapeshifter app as well but can't find out how!

So like is there anyway to go back like a restore point before I installed shapeshifter and the theme?

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT:
Ok I did what u told me to, and after a restart and then a shutdown and restart it still load slow! the right side of toolbar! Currently the only aps I have installed are firefox, adium, and growl! Along with the pre-installed ones! Could any of my new apps be causing the slow down, even though they didn't in the beginning!

Ok I just checked out the startup in system preferences for my accounts, and all I got is itunes helper, and all the growl apps!

I also noticed that stangely, growl loads automatically with the toolbar, but it is the spotlight, clock&date, battery,voume, etc icons that take time to come up! is this normal or not? i never really noticed before when I just bought it!

That happens for me too, but then again, I use a G4. If it's not normal on your machine, try creating a new user account, and see how the speed is on that (first login might be slow, as it is setting everything up).

Eric, tried ur theory and it was the same! so i am guessing that is how the toolbar just starts! I never really noticed! Thanks again for the help!

Back