OS X needs a "thumbnail view" option

osxhla

Registered
The Windows XP directory browser has a "thumbnail view" option. I can' t believe Microsoft beat the Apple to this obviously good GUI option. When I'm looking to delete one image in a group of four hundred, looking for the picture instead of the name is much, much more efficient. Especially if I don't know the name of the file which is often the case.

Try enabling "Show Icon Preview" in the Finder's "View" options (View > "Show View Options" > "Show Icon Preview"). You can also increase and decrease the size of the icons so you can get a "gallery" effect for the window.

Large thumbnail icons aren't large enough. OS X needs extra-large and super-size. After all, this is America.

... and one more thing: If there are more icons than can fit in the view of the finder window, the icon rendering algorithm waits for the user to scroll an icon into view before it loads the image from disk. Change that. I want the finder to have the option to have the all the icons in the whole directory rendered the moment I open it.

After all, this is America

Um. America is but one country. if you want to preview your images at large sizes, use iPhoto. it does that job excellently.

Yeah, but then we'd have to first import the pictures and delete them from the source folder only to then select the right photos in iPhoto and delete the unwanted ones from there. ;) ... But I think Finder's icon setting is more than enough. Please, Apple, do _not_ create bigger thumbnails. :/

Back