OSX fonts and word processing

PHARAOHk

Registered
I read on the apple website that osx comes with some really great fonts. I was wondering if these could be implemented into anything or just certain word programs?

I have ordered a powerbook and came to find out it does not have a word processing program. I think I will wait until the rumored idocument comes out before I buy one. Is there anything I could use to write and save thoughts on the apps that come built into the powerbook?

When can I expect the powerbook 17 to arrive?

(((k)))

The fonts included are a comprehensive set from many different character sets in most every concievable language. But unless you happen to be reading documents in Arabic, Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese and Cyrillic then you're really not going to really notice.
The fonts are beautiful, and you can load in TrueType fonts from most any source. The font management is excellent, allowing for fonts to be easily grouped into families and sents.

As for word processing, you could download and install OpenOffice; but since all you want is to "write and save thoughts" then the TextEdit application should be quite adaquete ... it supports rich text and HTML.

The PowerBook 17 should arrive in US AppleStores any day now, and Europe should get it a couple of weeks later. For the rest of the world, you might have to wait 8 to 10 weeks from the release date. I live in Australia and ordered an iBook the day after its launch, and it took 8 weeks to arrive. Still, the 17 inch PowerBook should be well worth the wait.

Back