OSX with SBC DSL/ wireless setup W/xp

MacInSD

Registered
I have my daughters iMAC DV500 with OSX (v10.3) and our XP laptop.

I also have SBC DSL.

I have purchased a Belkin Wireless DSL router (F5D7230-4) as well as a USB wireless adapter for the iMAC. (F5D7050)

Id like to hook everything up so that her iMAC can surf the web via the DSL modem.

the Laptop w/ XP will be next to the DSL modem (which has been online 2 years hardwired)

What do I need to do to get this all setup? The XP part comes with info, the Mac doesnt.

I know there are OSx drivers, but do I need them for the USB adapter on the iMAC? Doesnt anything USB auto-detect on the Mac?

What do I need to setup within TCP/IP on the Mac.

thanks,

Im new to this,

Doug

will the bad new is some WiFi cards and USB stuff will not work with the Apple Airport software. So you mave need to get the divers for the Mac to know what to do with this nice thing you just pluged in to it. I know I had to get a 3rd party drive to make my Belkin WiFi work with my Powerbook. Now the good new is yes the mac will see almost any USB stuff that you plug in to it. Now for makeing the WiFi work will thats hard to say because if you have WEP locking you WiFi then almost any WiFi card other stuff can talk that. But if you have WAP running then it up to the Driver that get to work if it will work in WAP. Mac OS X 10.4.x can do WAP right in the OS but if you are running and older OS then you may have to go back to WEP or just unlock your WiFi.

Back