Pictures on 5th Gen 20GB iPod

applemaz

Registered
Does anyone know of a hack to get pictures to show up (in Black and White of course) on a 5th Gen 20GB iPod? I really hate that it doesn't support pictures. There must be a way (without installing Linux on the iPod) to do this with a hack.

While I'm at it, is there any way to play video in Black & White on these also (without Linux)?

I also would like to know if there is a way to directly load pictures into the iPod. I take pictures on my digital camera and would like to offload the images from the CF card to the hard drive on the iPod when I fill the card so I can erase the card and take more pictures. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Mike

Huh? The 5th generation iPod is the video iPod, and is not offered in a 20GB capacity.

Do you mean the 4th generation 20GB iPod photo with color screen?

If your iPod does not have a color screen, then there is absolutely no way to view photos or play videos without installing Linux -- even with Linux, your results may be less-than-acceptable with the B/W screen.

If you wish to simply store photos on the iPod hard drive until you can copy them to your computer at a later time, then the Belkin photo adaptor for iPods with a dock connector may be your solution:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=158350

Note that this is simply a storage solution -- you will not be able to view the photos on the iPod's screen.

5G iPod? That's the iPod with Video, and it does support pictures. If you are talking about a different iPod that doesen't support pictures, than no, you need to install iPod Linux. Once installde you can watch video snd view pictures (in black and white).

EDIT: Yea, what he said, I guess we posted at the same time:rolleyes:

I have the iPod (click-wheel) 4th Gen with B&W screen. Sorry about that. Looks like the Belkin is the way to go moving photos direct to the iPod (though not viewable).

What about moving photos to the newest iPods? Is there any way to do so without the use of a computer AND be able to view the photo's once they are transferred to the newest iPod?

out of interest, when you use the iPod Camera Connector, does it import full resolution photos? I ask because when you transfer photos to the iPod through iPhoto the default is set to "optimised", which lowers the resolution of your photos, because of the iPod's smaller screen.

Oh, and if you do transfer photos using the connector, how do you get them off and on to a Mac/PC to print out?

I have no intention of buying one, I'm just curious :)

Yes, it imports full resolution photos.

You use iTunes to sync the photos from the iPod to iPhoto -- yes, I know, backwards as hell.

Back