pictures on safari page show up as blue square???

O.K. go to System Preferences->QuickTime->Advance Tab-and make sure NO check-mark is in "Enable Flash". Then go to your favorite download site and re-download and install the latest Adobe Flash Player. Good Luck.

those pictures on google do _not_ use the flash plugin, satcomer. to me, this seems like a routing/proxy-server problem of some sort...

In Safari, after the page has loaded, open the Activity window (under the Window menu). What does it say there?

I agree with Fryke that it doesn't seem like this could be plugin-related.

Have you tried control-clicking on the images and opening them in new windows/tabs? Knowing whether that works could help in diagnosis.

I once had a somewhat similar problem that I nailed down to a bad DNS server. Check to see if your Mac and Windows machines are using the same DNS servers. In OS X, you can find this by going to System Preferences > Network, and then double-clicking your active network mode (probably Ethernet or Airport). I have to be honest, it doesn't sound exactly like your problem — when it happened to me, it wasn't just that I couldn't get images a lot, but also pages would refuse to load just as often. But I'm running out of ideas....

It's likely that your Mac gets its DNS server(s) directly from your router using DHCP. You could try setting it manually and mess around with it. Your ISP probably has more than one DNS server, otherwise you could run some tests with OpenDNS.

However, if your Mac and Windows machines have the same DNS setup, maybe that's not worth trying.

In Safari, after the page has loaded, open the Activity window (under the Window menu). What does it say there?

I agree with Fryke that it doesn't seem like this could be plugin-related.

Have you tried control-clicking on the images and opening them in new windows/tabs? Knowing whether that works could help in diagnosis.

I once had a somewhat similar problem that I nailed down to a bad DNS server. Check to see if your Mac and Windows machines are using the same DNS servers. In OS X, you can find this by going to System Preferences > Network, and then double-clicking your active network mode (probably Ethernet or Airport). I have to be honest, it doesn't sound exactly like your problem — when it happened to me, it wasn't just that I couldn't get images a lot, but also pages would refuse to load just as often. But I'm running out of ideas....

It's likely that your Mac gets its DNS server(s) directly from your router using DHCP. You could try setting it manually and mess around with it. Your ISP probably has more than one DNS server, otherwise you could run some tests with OpenDNS.

However, if your Mac and Windows machines have the same DNS setup, maybe that's not worth trying.

ok i tried that and on some (almost half of the pages)of the webpages it says "can't find host" and and other ones it says "no internet con." .

i get the same thing sometimes too. i checked to see my network connections on my mac and my desktop and on my mac. on my mac i have it set to manual but on my desktop i have it set to automatic. they had different dns servers so i put the same dns server that i had on my desktop on my mac. i hope im making sense here..lol. sorry if im not. so i'll try to see if that works. im also starting to think its a routing problem and not my mac

Back