Piracy Angels

Winblows

Apathetic
im tired of everybody complaining about how piracy is wrong.. if you have never downloaded a song or owned software without having the rights, then you may cast the first stone

is in danger of becoming one big Warez, Piracy topic sight 'cause of small-minded little statements to start people off.

A question: would you copy software from a one-man band who just manages to scrape a living whilst developing small apps for OSX (which believe it or not there quite a few)? Probably not (then again maybe you would).

If this one-man band became a big corporation because of their hard work and intelligence (just as Apple, Adobe and MM started out), would you copy their software... Yes, undoubtedly you do. Therefore without little effort on your part you have no problem capitalising on someone else's success, which disadvantages them.

Anyway, it's not so much the fact that people do it on this forum, because it's is pretty much a given that a lot do, but, it's when people either ask for advice on how to get pirated software, post serial problems (yeh we know this one is going on in a thread as we speak), or antagonise for the sheer hell of it.

In answer to your statement 'im tired of everybody complaining about how piracy is wrong..' THEN DON'T POST A THREAD STARTING THE CONVERSATION, you won't have to listen to us then would you!:mad:

I have owned illegal software before. I have also copied music that is under copyright. I do not do so now, and have not done so for years.

I don't have to be a pure virtuous, sin free soul to be able to tell you what I think is wrong. When I was a kid I did things that I wouldn't dream of doing now. My morals have changed since then, and I like to think I understand more of the overall picture of life.

Maybe if you have software stolen from you then you may cast the first stone where you can say piracy is just fine.

Originally posted by uoba

In answer to your statement 'im tired of everybody complaining about how piracy is wrong..' THEN DON'T POST A THREAD STARTING THE CONVERSATION, you won't have to listen to us then would you!:mad:

but if i dont post a thread, then i wont get the joy of hearing complaints

a WIND-UP MERCHANT... now you take pleasure in reading these posts? Before, you where tired of them. Which is it?

Do really have so much time to waste that you just wanna post bad threads just to get a reaction, you gonna get a good reputation on here aren't ya? At least your post count'll go up though, if nothing else.

Originally posted by uoba
a WIND-UP MERCHANT... now you take pleasure in reading these posts? Before, you where tired of them. Which is it?

Do really have so much time to waste that you just wanna post bad threads just to get a reaction, you gonna get a good reputation on here aren't ya? At least your post count'll go up though, if nothing else.

what else am i suppose to do at work? life in the IT department is very boring and annoying line of work, especially in corporate america.. i used to get angered at the FAQ i always got.. but i found ways to laugh, i enjoy getting calls back saying "alright, ive turned my computer on and off, but my phone still doesnt work"

lol, instead of posting about warez you should make yourself famous in these-parts and make a thread about all the funny things people have called you about!

"alright, ive turned my computer on and off, but my phone still doesnt work"

ROFL!

winblows reminds me of a troll now :p

The fact of the matter is people do it, no matter how immoral it is, and people still dont approve of it (publically) even if they do it.

The point is that we dont want nor do we need warez talk. This is a resource we have to talk, to laugh, to learn and to solve our mac and windows related computer problems, as well as to share our knowledge. If croglodites (sp?) start starting warez threads, posting links to downloadz, and asking for warez we are going to have antipiracy people here threatening lawsuits, closing down the board and a whole bunch of other bad things will happen. This also tarnishes our image, as a board and as posters

If you like warez fine, but however convincing your argument is, no warez or serialz can or will be posted here for the arguments above.

Admiral

Why you telling me about your job, your recent posts have ensured that I've got no interest in it whatsoever. If it's such a problem, change!

Freedom of choice and all that.;)

This is just another pointless thread. Why do people keep making them? :confused:

I agree with Admiral. If people keep making warez threads, then macosx.com will probably be throttled by lawsuits, or Admin will make a stricter law.

If you're reacting to my comments in another thread... I wasn't condemning piracy... only people who try and say that it isn't stealing, or behave as if it isn't.

It's one thing to commit the act with full knowledge, accepting the risks and consequences...

It's another to try to weasel your way past the moral issues of it with excuses and false pretenses.

People pirate software... all kinds of IP are stolen. For the most part, the producers of the property know this and accept it as part and parcel to the process. The important thing is for the participants to pay attention to the balance... if you can be subtle and respectful and mindful of what you're doing to others... they can for the most part return the favor.

Here's a question for everyone visiting this thread: Is it wrong to troll if you're fully aware of the risks, consequences and ramifications? :D

-the valrus

If you're insane, you don't realize the consequences, so that doesn't count.

Yes. It is wrong to troll unless someone bribes you or threatens you. :)

Originally posted by Valrus
Here's a question for everyone visiting this thread: Is it wrong to troll if you're fully aware of the risks, consequences and ramifications? :D

-the valrus

he said ramifications :) funny. Enough with the piracy threads eh? We all know it is wrong. And we know people will never stop. Because saving $600 sounds kinda nice doesnt it. Now... if you would excuse me, I have to go start up Carracho.

Back