Pleeease help!

lollyhowe

Registered
Im a designer this is my website: www.4playgraphix.com.

Problem is i can't get onto my site on my mac (it works on all other computers), i also can't receive emails through mail.4playgraphix.com anymore.

This started yesterday and i haven't changed any settings or touched anything on my mac, my email and my site have been working fine for years.

Someone said it is probably to do with IP addresses or DNS, im not particulrly clued up on all of this stuff so if anyone knows a solution can they give it to me in simple mans terms, thanks.

Would really appreciate someones help.

Im on mac o s x 10.5.2

Could be that or a routing issue. Is your server hosted somewhere or do you have a dedicated business line for it? Usually the business packages would include a static IP for reaching it externally. If I query your domain, it points to 74.86.38.168 as your IP. That IP brings back cPanel, which I've seen on other Unix variants, but not on OS X Server all too often.

When you say you can't get into your site, do you reach an error page or does it just time out? This really could be an awful lot of things... :/

Michael

Hi,

When i try to connect to my site it just says:

NETWORK TIMEOUT
The server at 4playgraphix.com is taking too long to respond.

and this is the alert message im getting in MAIL:

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Check the settings for account “4playgraphix” or try again.

The server error encountered was: The connection to the server “mail.4playgraphix.com” on port 995 timed out.

Its something to do with my internet connection with BT (British Telecom) because when i unplug the cable and connect to the neighbours wireless everything works fine, as soon as i connect back to my internet everything to do with 4playgraphix doesn't work.

I would check with your ISP. Maybe they have "auto junked" your site because of the name?

I have lost e-mails in the past because my (real) name gets caught in auto filtering systems. I blame the parents!

Back