Power Mac 8500/180 - need monitor!

vic

RRRrrrRRRrrrRRrrr
what kind of connection does this computer have? it doesn't take regular vga connactions and it used to have an apple monitor which broke down, so i need a new monitor. anybody know? please help...

If it's not a VGA connector than it's the mac video connector. I don't have one front of me to count out the pins, but it's larger than a standard VGA.

You could either look around in surplus stores for an old apple monitor or you can hit up a local computer store and ask for a mac to vga convertor. A lot of the mac video card dealers use to provide these adapters because so many still had the apple specific monitors.

If you don't want to get the adaptor, then there is always the option to buy a new video card.

thanks, it is larger than the regular vga connection, so i will either have to ghet the adtaptor or get an original macintosh monitor...

It's VGA, but in Apple's way. A cheap Mac VGA-VGA adaptor will make any VGA display compatible with it :)
Apple also shipped some models with a HDI-45 connector as standard :)

Get the adaptor. Generic VGA monitors are VERY cheap these days, especially if you get one used, and it will save you time, effort and probably money to get an adaptor.

Back