PowerBook G5 maybe ready to roll

Battery life. I'll bet the battery life, under decent load conditions, sucks on those hot P4 laptops -- they get hot, and the thermal conditions have been taken care of, but it probably only lasts a couple hours at most on battery.

While Apple's notebook battery life is nothing to write home about, slamming a G5 chip into the PowerBook and having even crappier battery life probably isn't an option for Apple.

I use a P4 3.06 (?) Ghz HP Compaq 9110 (it's a "Desktop Replacement", not a portable...) and i think it's good for two hours on battery... pretty crappy really. not bad otherwise.. 'cept the OS though :p

oh. and on a different topic, for the record, Novell Linux Desktop is about as exciting as a dead pidgeon in a 747 Jet Engine.

Qion said:
Exactly. Why can't we just be good little consumers and wait till our supplier says they are gonna give us the goods? :)

Or at least some *credible* evidence to support the rumors...

BTW, I overheard on the subway the other day a guy who probably worked for the Apple Store in Cambridge saying that Apple is moving to x86 sometime this year. Just more evidence to support what everyone's known is coming...

i heard from my neighbors best friends' wifes' sister's husband that there are little people in Steve Jobs head controlling him ala "Gold the Man" (brilliant ~60s Sci-Fi book)

I agree w/the first part of ripcord's post. Also - we have to take into account that were dealing with apple. They aren't gonna release a pb g5 (no matter how bad i want it *soooo bad*) untill it runs cool(temp wise), has at least a 5 hr batt life, isnt to noisy, and of course untill it looks pretty. Thats allot of stuff to do! Well i wish them the best of luck and i hope that we have no more posts that wrongfully get my hopes up.

Mby they will use the new magnetic cooling technology that was discovered a little while ago = less power & same effects.

Peace OUt

Back