Prevent sound effects when music is playing

Perishingflames

Registered
Sorry, I'm probably going to slap myself for having to ask this, but how do I stop sound effects (deleting files, copying, etc) when I have music playing? It just stutters the actual music playing and makes an annoying sound. Thanks.

You must be using a particularly slow computer. I don't know of any way to do exactly that. However, try closing the iTunes window and see if the issue remains. iTunes uses a significant number of resources to show play info.

I think those sounds are affected by the setting of Alert Volume, so you could turn that volume down. It doesn't mute, however, and the sound will still be played even if you don't hear it - and would still affect your system.

You can also go to your System Preferences/Sound pane, and turn off "Play user interface sound effects".

Hm, apple didn't even implement this? Pretty stupid, in my opinion. I want the normal volume for sound effects, but I don't want them when I have music playing. Seems pretty simple to me, surprised they wouldn't include such basic functionality. Know of any 3rd party apps to do this?

Turned its' volume down for now..

Back