Printe SHaring with XP Sp3

Fred Flinstone

XP Divorcee - Mac Virgin
Hi All... I am almost completely round he twist with this problem having Goolgled and tried different stuff for several weeks now - I simply cannot print to an Epson CX 5600 connected to Mac running Tiger 10.4.11

If anyone has succesfully managed this using a similar printer and the same OS's please can you post a blow by blow response to this.

I would greatly appreciate your help

Okay - This is the second time I have posted this specific question to this forum... and the second time that after several days there has not been a single solution, not even a comment... Not the only topic either - how about receiving faxes on Tiger for example.....

If it's not too much to ask can someone please recommend a Mac forum where one can actually get decent advice, perhaps a solution and at the very least a reply ...... clearly from what I can see a clique exists here - seem to be the same little group posting and replying to each others questions - not much good to the public at large!!!!

If it's not too much to ask can someone please recommend a Mac forum where one can actually get decent advice, perhaps a solution and at the very least a reply ......
This is a Mac/Apple fan site frequented by Mac users very much like you. This is not a professional technical support site. If you want help, then you will be less likely to get it if you insult the very people whom you are relying on.

To the point--there are several requests each week about from users who want to share their printers from Windows. These requests have been answered. I suggest that you search this forum for Windows-Mac print sharing or consult the MacOS X Finder Help menu. If you still cannot find what you are looking for, then feel free to ask again. Only this time, ask politely.

we're way past that stage sunshine - hence the wake-up call....

and as your nnick name suggests you are very much one of the types I am referring to - keeping things to yourself... and no none of these threads you refer to have fixed the issue, hence the question

So let's see who's the ignoramus here then...... don't worry bout banning me - I wont be back and you can count on it

Mister Me - That's fucking rich indeed.... Egotistical to the tee........ sure you're not a windows head?????

Fat lot of good to anybody this place - more of a social networking hole-up for wieners

Fred you didn't Google search hard enough!

How to Use a Printer Attached to a Windows XP Computer in Mac OS X

If you are going the other way (Windows XP to a printer on the Mac) on the Mac make sure you have a Share name, port open on your OS X firewall to allow printer sharing and a proper driver in the XP because Windows uses the LOCAL driver when printing to a Mac shard printer.

Note: We are not paid and I post here out of good will. Please don't criticize me or others like me because we don't live up to YOUR expectations.

Last edited:
Back