Problem with streaming videos on mac

hanson

Registered
Hi,

I have a mac os X 10.5, and some days ago everything was working fine and i was able to watch the stream videos online, but now when i try i can only watch the live videos, the files that are re-streamed i can't. I updated the software, the java script and the adobe flash player but nothing works. I was wondering if anyone here could help me...

You;d have to give us an example to test to make sure it is you not them. Also be aware if it is something you are not legally allowed to watch we can't help you due to the rules of this site.

Also what browse are you using, assuming it is Safari or Firefox, try the other one and see if that helps. Also can you work out what format the video is as for WMV say you need to download specific extra software to watch it.

It's a public video on www.hanson.net. They are doing live streams and after that they re-play the videos, when it's live works when it's not it doesn't to me cause to the rest of people i know it does. Im trying Safari and Firefox but ill try now with google chrome, is that a good choice?

I dont know the format cause is an embed video, i suppose is flv cause it says you need adobe flash player to see it

im about to buy right now the snow leopard just to see if i change the os things will get back to normal again

I looked on the site and can;t find where the archive streams are, can you give a more precise link or what to click on.

The test video on the page plays for me in Safari 4/SnowLeopard, with the band on the bus, can you see that?.

Seems I have to be an actual fan club member to see any more - and sorry while i can hold my nose enough to sign up for the site to help you :p I am not joining the fan club!

LOL

i checked out again and yeah now you need to be a fanclub member to see it, thank you so much for your help though. I'll buy the snow leopard and maybe updating the software it will help. Again thank you!

Last edited:
No need to apologize, im always mocked for being a fangirl LOL

ill try the codecs and see how i can instal them

Ah I see - as a girl it was perfectly acceptable to get very overexcited and scream about how dreamy Hanson were, but it was pretty unbecoming in a young lad of the era! And don't feel too bad, i have enough musical skeletons in my own closet!

Edit - oh dear, shame about that. I hope SL helps!

Haha one good thing of being a girl, you are excused to like boy bands. lmao.

thank you for your help, you were pretty awesome im buying the SL now

edit - i should have registered as hansongirl, to make things clear haha

I think the better advice would be to tell her to stop listening to wet-toilet paper music and find a Real Band [Tm.--Ed.]! :)

--J.D.

Hi,

I have a mac os X 10.5, and some days ago everything was working fine and i was able to watch the stream videos online, but now when i try i can only watch the live videos, the files that are re-streamed i can't. I updated the software, the java script and the adobe flash player but nothing works. I was wondering if anyone here could help me...
As best as I can tell, you idols' videos are in Flash format. Go to the Adobe site and download the Flash plug-in.

FYI i logged into the site using Hanson's credentials on her request, and while I could see the live stream video, i, like her, saw none of the archive content either on FF or safari, and as far as i know i have all possible codec/helpers/plugins possible.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the on demand feature its not up to anyone yet. I bought the SL and hopefully whatever is wrong will be fixed, i appreciated your help tho.

And wow really helpful the jokes about my taste in music, im not gonna sleep tonight :p

Anyway if anyone else can help me or has any idea of what it can be, cause again i can see it when it's live but not when it's replayed, i would thank soooo much.

Back