Problems with my new macbook..help needed

Got extra RAM installed?
I'd boot into single user mode (command + s right after boot chime) and run fsck -yf at the prompt.
To reboot after that, just type the word: reboot

If the drive is clean of problems, then I'd look at the RAM as a probable culprit, especially if you have additional RAM installed.

I don't know anyone that would say Apple never makes mistakes. They do, but you can try to resolve the problem yourself.

Contact Apple Support over the phone before driving to the store. There should be a record of each unresolved problem so that you have evidentiary support for a complete replacement if you want to go that route.

My friend in Italy had some issues with his Intel iMac that eventually resulted in the iMac getting replaced. It was just a matter of knowing what is required to support that replacement. He is completely happy with his new Intel iMac. :)
He is also aware of the fact that talking to you or me does nothing to create a history at Apple of problems with his machine.

Again. Don't drive to the Apple store unless you have contacted Apple Support by phone first. Ask for a case number (temporarily resolved or not) before hanging up so that you can reference the case number/s at the Apple store when/if you are told to go there.

If you live far enough away from the Apple store and they want you to have it serviced, they may send you a shipping box if you ask for it. Just bear in mind it will take potentially a lot more that 6 hours for turn around. Usually under a week, though.

Back