Program for viewing photos?

Boomy

Registered
When I click on a photo, it opens up in the Preview application, and there is no way to switch between photos in the folder, I have to open each one individually. What program can I use that will give me some forward/backward arrows that switch between photos? I don't want to use iPhoto, I want something light that opens quickly. I can't believe Preview doesn't do this.

Cmd+click to select multiple photos, or Edit - Select All from the top apple menu,
then right+click on any selected photo and click on 'Open With', select Preview,
Now you can scroll through any or all your photos in 1 Preview window.

jb.

Better yet, hit Command+A to select all photos in a folder, open with Preview, and press Shift+Command+F. This will give you a pretty, graphical view with navigation buttons and the ability to zoom out and see all your pictures at once against a black background.

If you're using OSX 10.4, you can select all the photos you want to view in a folder and right click on any one of them and select Slideshow from the contextual menu. This will not "open" any app, but display the photos on screen with forward/backward buttons and a "contact sheet" option as well.

This will not "open" any app, but display the photos on screen with forward/backward buttons and a "contact sheet" option as well.

Not quite right,
this action opens "Preview" in slideshow mode, same as "shift+cmd+F"

jb.

Back