Question about java

mazzy

Registered
This might be a stupid question. I seem to ask a lot of those in this forum....sorry!

I seem to have a java problem, as I get many of these errors.

"localhost : JS: checkSupportedBootRom threw exception TypeError -"

My JavaConfig.plist

Vendor = apple;
apple = {
VM = "/usr/bin/java";
DefaultClasspath = "$HOME/Library/Java:$NEXT_ROOT/Library/Java:$NEXT_ROOT/System/Library/Java:$NEXT_ROOT/Network/Library/Java:$NEXT_ROOT/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Classes/classes.jar:$NEXT_ROOT/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Classes/ui.jar";
DefaultBeanpath = "$HOME/Library/JavaBeans:$NEXT_ROOT/Library/JavaBeans:$NEXT_ROOT/System/Library/JavaBeans:$NEXT_ROOT/Network/Library/JavaBeans";
Compiler = "/usr/bin/javac";
Headers = "$NEXT_ROOT/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers";
Library = "$NEXT_ROOT/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Libraries/libjvm.dylib";

And another dumb question while I'm here. What is /bin/[ ?

Is it anything to do with the second line in javaconfig.plist?

I get something similar when I do nvram -p
SystemAudioVolume {
efi-boot-device-data %02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%02%1f%03%01%08%00%00%01%00%00%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00(@%06%00%00%00%00%00`%b8F%09%00%00%00%00%cb|]=F%a7kO%8e%9b.%bd%8b%cf%955%02%02%7f%ff%04%00
efi-boot-device <array ID="0"><dict ID="1"><key>BLLastBSDName</key><string ID="2">disk0s2</string><key>IOMatch</key><dict ID="3"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="4">IOMedia</string><key>IOPropertyMatch</key><dict ID="5"><key>UUID</key><string ID="6">3D5D7CCB-A746-4F6B-8E9B-2EBD8BCF9535</string></dict></dict></dict></array>%00

The nvram entries have puzzled me too.

Thanks for your time and help.

/bin/[ is a program. Really. When you type

$ cd /bin
$ ls -i [ test

you get something like

11211470 [ 11211470 test

which means that [ and test are the same program.

The program is used in testing different kinds of stuff, like

$ test -d /bin

tests is "/bin" a directory. The program return zero if the test is true, one otherwise. You
can use it on shell scripts, for example to check that a directory exists before you create
file there. For example

$ if test -d /bin; then ls /bin/test; fi

If there are lots of tests, [ might become handy:

$ if [ -d /bin ] ; then ls /bin/test; fi

(Notice the ], is should be there, even if "test" does not need it)

Back